If it does everything its marketing team promises, I predict Dosh will be downloaded on every savvy traveler’s phone soon enough. This free app finds you cash when you shop, dine out and book travel with over 100,000 merchants and brands. Just download it (free on Android and iOS) and connect your credit and/or debit card(s). That’s it. Dosh does the rest.
Every time you use one of your credit or bank cards, Dosh searches to see if there is an available offer or coupon, and if there is, it converts it into cash to deposit into your Dosh Wallet. You don’t need to tell the merchant or do anything on the app as it automatically does it for you. However, if you’re booking hotel rooms, you need to book through the app to get cash deposited into your Dosh Wallet. I just checked hotels for New York City and although there weren’t a lot of 4- and 5-star options available on my particular dates, those listed were priced either the same or cheaper than the same hotels were priced at other online travel agencies (see screenshot below). In the hotel space, what makes Dosh different is that it gives you cash back for booking—and sometimes for a decent amount such as $22 for a $255 room at the Doubletree Suites by Hilton.
A downside is that—unless you’re on an expense account—you won’t get free Wi-Fi and/or earn points since you won’t be booking directly through the major hotel sites. Something to consider. However, it seems like a no-brainer for boutique hotels where that doesn’t matter.
Once you’ve accumulated more than $15 with Dosh, you can transfer your cash free of charge into your bank account or PayPal, or donate to a charity from the app. Sounds to good to be true, right?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 03/31/22.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.