Last year I wrote about a new bus service between Los Angeles and San Francisco called SleepBus. Now, that name and concept are gone. The owners have rebranded the overnight sleeper service as Cabin and are marketing it as America’s first moving hotel.
If you’re not in a hurry and looking for a unique way to travel between LA and SF, Cabin is worth a look. Overnight trips with private sleeping cabins start at $115. All trips depart at 11pm and arrive by 7am PT the following morning. And supposedly “every Cabin vehicle is obsessively engineered for safety.”
All passengers have to do is arrive 10 minutes before departure at the centrally located pick-up spots, where they’ll be welcomed by hospitality-trained attendants and able to unwind in the lounge. Pick-up and drop-off for Los Angeles is at Palisades Park at Ocean Ave & Arizona Ave in Santa Monica. The San Francisco spot is the Bayside Lot, 1 Bryant Street.
More on the Cabin experience, which offers 24/7 attendants: They allow two pieces of luggage per person and offer nighttime tea, free Wi-Fi, and super soft sheets and fluffy pillows in your own private sleeping cabin. Also: privacy shades, blackout drapes, soundproof walls, personal outlets, reading lights, complimentary ear plugs, and water. Children under 10 years of age are not allowed.
It seems like a great option for those that don’t like to fly or want to save a night’s money on a hotel room.
What do you think? Would you take Cabin? Have you?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.