On the two hour drive from Hilo to Kona we made a few stops that you’d probably want to as well.
- Akaka Falls State Park. It’s home to the Hawaiian Island’s most famous waterfall, the 442-foot Akaka Falls which is breathtaking. There’s also the 100-foot Kahuna Falls (FYI: They now charge $5 to enter the park and $1 per person to enter the waterfall area).
- Stopping at Tex Drive-In in Honoka’a for its famed Malasadas — a local snack that’s basically a fancy name for a cream filled doughnut. Here you can also pick tropical flavors.
- The view of Waipio Valley at the Waipio Valley Lookout. Incredible view and it’s the boyhood home of King Kamehameha.
- Driving through Parker Ranch and seeing the snow on Mauna Kea.
- I was Tweeting along the drive and the PR person from @EddieRestaurant in Kona sent me a tweet inviting us to stop by and try their Shave Ice Martini. It was perfect timing as we were looking for a place to eat. It’s right near the Marriott Hotel which I stayed at four years ago and couldn’t believe how much the area has changed. They have a whole new shopping center and the old shops have expanded to an outdoor mall. They now have a Macy’s!
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.