On the two hour drive from Hilo to Kona we made a few stops that you’d probably want to as well.
Akaka Falls State Park. It’s home to the Hawaiian Island’s most famous waterfall, the 442-foot Akaka Falls which is breathtaking. There’s also the 100-foot Kahuna Falls (FYI: They now charge $5 to enter the park and $1 per person to enter the waterfall area).
The view of Waipio Valley at the Waipio Valley Lookout. Incredible view and it’s the boyhood home of King Kamehameha.
Driving through Parker Ranch and seeing the snow on Mauna Kea.
I was Tweeting along the drive and the PR person from @EddieRestaurant in Kona sent me a tweet inviting us to stop by and try their Shave Ice Martini. It was perfect timing as we were looking for a place to eat. It’s right near the Marriott Hotel which I stayed at four years ago and couldn’t believe how much the area has changed. They have a whole new shopping center and the old shops have expanded to an outdoor mall. They now have a Macy’s!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.