This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
In 2020, many successful small businesses have an online business strategy. As we enter the crucial holiday shopping season, the Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card and Ink Business Plus® Credit Card are offering two e-commerce business perks—redeeming Ultimate Rewards for business and earning 5x rewards for select business purchases. Keep reading for more details on the e-commerce business perks with Ink cards. Note that these are only available for a limited time.
Redeem Ultimate Rewards for Business Purchases
Chase credit cards that earn Ultimate Rewards have more ways to redeem their points for a bonus. The Chase Pay Yourself Back feature makes each Ultimate Reward point worth 25% more for these business purchases:
- Search engine advertising
- Social media advertising
- Shipping purchases
The online advertising and shipping purchase redemption bonus ends on December 31, 2020. Usually, Ultimate Rewards are only worth 1 cent for cash rewards and statement credits.
The 25% redemption bonus is standard for award travel bookings on the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal. As is the case for most businesses, business travel is less common in 2020 (if you are traveling, be sure to check out the best face masks for flying during Covid).
These extra ways to redeem points can be helpful.
Earn 5x Ultimate Rewards on Shipping and Advertising (Expired)
Through October 31, 2020, Ink Business Preferred and Ink Business Plus cardmembers can earn 5 Ultimate Rewards per $1 on shipping and select online advertising. This purchase promotion has been active since the summer. There are still several days left to boost your spending power.
While both promotions are active, you can “double-dip” by earning the 5x Ultimate Rewards and getting the 25% Pay Yourself Back redemption bonus. This can help you maximize the e-commerce business perks available with Ink cards.
In November, these two purchase categories return to the standard rate of earning up to 3 Ultimate Rewards per $1. Shipping purchases and select online advertising along with travel, internet, cable, and phone services earn 3x points on the first $150,000 in combined annual spending.
All non-bonus purchases earn 1 point per $1.
Maximizing Online Business Spending
Both of these e-commerce business perks reflect the changing spending patterns of small businesses. A recent Chase Ink survey notes these findings:
- 35% of small business would shut down during the pandemic with an e-commerce presence
- 19% of small business owners began selling products online or shipping products for the first time in 2020
- 23% of small business owners began advertising online for the first time in 2020
- 64% of small business owners plan on continuing these changes into 2021
Many businesses report their fastest-growing business expense in 2020 relates to social media advertising (26%) or shipping (27%). Advertising on search engines and e-commerce platforms is becoming a larger line item for business too.
Depending on what the business climate looks like entering 2021, we may see similar benefits to support online business initiatives.
Other Chase Ink Business Preferred Benefits
In addition to earning up to 3 Ultimate Rewards per $1 on business purchases, you can enjoy these Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card perks:
- Points are worth 25% more when booking award travel on Chase Ultimate Rewards
- 1:1 point transfers to airlines and hotels
- Cell phone protection (up to $600 per claim)
- Trip cancellation/trip interruption insurance (up to $5,000 per person and $10,000 per trip)
- Purchase protection (up to $10,000 per claim)
- Extended warranty protection of up to one additional year
The annual fee is $95 per year. There is no foreign transaction fee. The Ink Business Preferred is one of the best Chase business credit cards available.
$1,250 Signup Bonus
If you’re thinking about getting the Chase Ink Business Preferred, you can earn an attractive signup bonus.
The signup bonus is 100,000 Ultimate Rewards, worth up to $1,250 in award travel. You earn the full bonus by spending $15,000 in the first 3 months.
This is one of the most valuable credit card signup bonuses that you can earn. However, the minimum spending requirement is higher than most. But if you can meet the minimum spend requirement and qualify, this bonus is yours. Also, you’ll have time to take advantage of the shipping and advertising redemption rewards.
Summary of These Limited-Time E-Commerce Business Perks With Ink Cards
While businesses shift their spending to track the latest trends, this year highlights the importance of an online presence. Additionally, you may find that online advertising can be an effective way to reach customers. Offering shipping rewards can also gain customer trust as people stay home and shop online.
- 8 Best Credit Cards For Everyday Spending (Groceries, Gas, & More)
- Best Credit Cards for Startups
- Best Credit Card Reviews 2020: Miles, Points, Cash Back, & More
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.