This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Editor’s Note: Some of the offers below may have expired or are no longer available on our site.
Banking options are hard to differentiate these days. Sign-up offers are competitive and the list of benefits keeps growing. As a consumer, you have your pick of advantages. Based on your needs and interests, you can find a banking option that suits your profile.
Introducing Chase Sapphire Banking
For travelers, there is no better partner than Chase’s Sapphire Banking. Replacing its Premier Platinum Checking offer, Sapphire Banking will provide valuable benefits to new customers who carry an average balance of at least $75,000 in monthly combined balances. One such benefit is 60,000 Ultimate Rewards points when you sign-up.
Do I qualify for the offer?
If you are already a Chase member, you can still take advantage of the offer by upgrading your account. Plus, if you apply for one of Chase’s travel credit cards like the Chase Sapphire Preferred or the Chase Sapphire Reserve, you could garner a total of 110,000 Ultimate Rewards points.
To qualify for the 60,000-point bonus, you have to already be or sign up to be a Chase Sapphire cardholder. Secondly, you must bring over at least $75,000 in qualifying deposits and investments and hold them for at least 90 days. Once these requirements have been met, you will see the points in your online Chase account. This will likely be about 45 days after the 90-day holding period has been met.
If you are already an existing customer and want to upgrade, you can use other assets besides cash that will count towards the $75,000. Just keep in mind that you can only apply new assets. You can include up to nine personal checking accounts, a personal savings account, liquid cards, CDs, qualifying retirement CDs, qualifying retirement money market accounts, and investment products offered by JPMorgan Chase & Co. or its affiliates and agencies.
If your assets are pre-existing, unfortunately, you won’t qualify for the offer. Similarly, if you were an existing Premier Platinum customer and were automatically upgraded to Chase Sapphire Banking, you can’t take advantage of the 60,000-point offer.
Additional Benefits of Chase Sapphire Banking
Aside from the points bonus, benefits with Sapphire Banking include:
- Waived ATM fees
- Free online trades
- No exchange rate fees
- No fees on outgoing wire transfers
- Access to special experiences, such as entertainment and sporting events
As long as you maintain a $75,000 balance in deposits and investments, you will not have to pay the $25 monthly account fee.
If you are on the fence about upgrading or becoming a member, know that 60,000 Ultimate Rewards points could be worth $1,200 or more. If you can add a card offer on top of that, you would be looking at a total of 110,000 points worth $2,200! Don’t forget, you’ll also be spending on your card, which will accrue even more points in your account. If you are a frequent traveler, you could use your points-combinations to earn yourself a full year of points-based travel.
For consumers who may be new to the Chase Sapphire credit cards, there is a reason these cards are touted as highly as they are. They are premier travel credit cards that should be in every jet setter’s arsenal. In the sphere of points and redemptions, Ultimate Rewards are some of the most valuable you can earn. This Sapphire Banking offer is the perfect entry for new members looking to take advantage of incredible points rewards.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.