Calling all movers and shakers, business professionals, and entrepreneurs that want to gain elite status on airlines quickly. Have you heard of FoundersCard? It’s a membership-only card that can help you gain special preferred pricing and privileges on hotels, airfare, upgrades, access to member-only networking events and best of all it can fast-track elite status on airlines.
For example, right now they are running a time-sensitive promotion that if you enroll for FoundersCard by July 31, you will receive automatic Platinum elite status on American when you fly from August 10, 2015 through November 8, 2015. During that time period, if you travel 10,000 elite-qualifying points on American and other participating airlines (typically people must fly 50,000 elite-qualifying points), you’ll get to hold your Platinum elite status until February 28, 2017.
We’ve already mentioned the fast tracking to elite status on American. Here are more details on networking events and the type of brands the card works with for preferred pricing and special privileges.
The FoundersCard can get extraordinary rates and privileges at more than 500 hotels domestically and internationally. Properties include Kimpton, Sofitel, St. Regis, Mandarin Oriental and more.
Some partners in which card members get access to elite status and/or preferred rates include American, Virgin America, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Hilton HHonors Gold, Caesars Total Rewards Diamond Status, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz Club Gold FIVE STAR and more.
Lifestyle and business services
The partnerships the card has with lifestyle and business brands give members access to VIP privileges and preferred pricing with some of the following: Audi, Bliss Spa, Dollar Shave Club, Apple, UPS, AT&T and more.
FoundersCard gives members access to exclusive networking opportunities and casual cocktail receptions. Member-only events in the past have included SXSW and CES parties at partner hotel properties. Events are located across the country from New York, DC and Boston to Los Angeles and San Francisco. Internationally, events have taken place in London.
Is it for you?
FoundersCard dubs itself as an exclusive community offering more than just discounts; the participating brands are some of the best brands in travel and business. Of course, this type of card isn’t for everyone but if you plan to travel during the time mentioned above for American elite status and use the benefits often then it’s worth the annual fee. Even the elite status offer alone could be worth it if you fly enough during that time.
FoundersCard is offering Johnny Jet readers a preferred annual rate of $395 (vs. their standard annual fee of $795), and waiving the $95 one-time initiation fee – use promo code FCJJET at signup.
Do you have the FoundersCard? If yes, do you love it or loathe it?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.