As you can see in the pic above, I was fortunate to be invited on an exclusive flight aboard an E190-E2 jet featuring a distinctive shark livery. The E in the jet’s name stands for Embraer, which is a Brazilian aircraft manufacturer that sells commercial and corporate jets all around the world. The E190-E2 is the largest plane Embraer has ever made.
Whether you know it or not, you’ve most likely been on an Embraer, as the company provides most of the regional jets that the mainline carriers use. I learned from Embraer’s presentation at their Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) facility that one in three planes at Washington’s National Airport (DCA) and New York’s LaGuardia (LGA) is an Embraer. That’s quite impressive.
The E190-E2 can hold between 97-114 passengers, depending on the configuration. The plane is notable for its quieter cabin, fuel efficiency, low maintenance costs, and improved cabin space. Currently, the only airline that flies this specific jet is Norway’s Widerøe Airlines, but there will be U.S. carriers flying it in the distant future.
I welcome that news, too, since the E190-E2 is comfortable, as I found on my media group’s fun, 49-minute flight around south Florida. With its 2×2 configuration, there’s no middle dreaded middle seat. And that’s not all: It’s quiet, it has enough overhead bin space for every passenger’s roller bag, it has plenty of floor space to accommodate your smaller bags at your feet (there’s no IFE or chair frames preventing taking up space), there are electrical outlets by your knees so you don’t have to bend awkwardly looking for them, and the bathroom has touchless toilets and faucets.
If all regional jets were like the E190-E2 there would never be a need to dread them. See gallery below for more pics from the flight.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.