Allianz Global Assistance just released new projections from a survey of more than 500,000 Americans regarding their 2016 summer travel plans (Memorial Day to Labor Day). Per the data, Europe as a whole is forecasted to see an increase in US travelers (9.3% increase). Therefore, Europe is expected to see 515,676 US travelers in 2016 compared to 471,823 in 2015. Paris is even expected to see a slight increase (0.6%) in travelers from the US.
But the European cities expected to benefit the most from American travel this summer include Dublin and Shannon, Ireland (set to increase by 42.8% and 46.6%, respectively). Athens will also see an increase of 42.7%. And American travel in Lisbon and Amsterdam is projected to increase by 42.3% and 34.5%, respectively.
Istanbul is expected to see 43.7% fewer travelers in 2016 than what it saw in the same period last year. US travel to Brussels will also dip 30.4%, and neighboring Germany will likely see US travel drop by 22.9%.
Here’s a short video on the subject and these findings:
Perhaps also in response to the current travel climate, Allianz notes that it has seen US travelers purchase travel insurance with the options to cancel or interrupt a trip should there be an event or need within 30 days of arrival.
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.