Allianz Global Assistance just released new projections from a survey of more than 500,000 Americans regarding their 2016 summer travel plans (Memorial Day to Labor Day). Per the data, Europe as a whole is forecasted to see an increase in US travelers (9.3% increase). Therefore, Europe is expected to see 515,676 US travelers in 2016 compared to 471,823 in 2015. Paris is even expected to see a slight increase (0.6%) in travelers from the US.
But the European cities expected to benefit the most from American travel this summer include Dublin and Shannon, Ireland (set to increase by 42.8% and 46.6%, respectively). Athens will also see an increase of 42.7%. And American travel in Lisbon and Amsterdam is projected to increase by 42.3% and 34.5%, respectively.
Istanbul is expected to see 43.7% fewer travelers in 2016 than what it saw in the same period last year. US travel to Brussels will also dip 30.4%, and neighboring Germany will likely see US travel drop by 22.9%.
Here’s a short video on the subject and these findings:
Perhaps also in response to the current travel climate, Allianz notes that it has seen US travelers purchase travel insurance with the options to cancel or interrupt a trip should there be an event or need within 30 days of arrival.
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.