The following night of the TBEX Conference, Expedia and the Colorado Tourism Office (who sponsored the booze) didn’t disappoint with their “How the West was Fun” party. It took place at the Soda Ridge Stables which is just west of the Keystone Lodge (about a 10-minute bus ride). They encouraged everyone to wear their cowboy clothes and gave everyone a cowboy hat when the arrived.
There was no shortage of food, drinks, line dancing or mechanical bull riding. I even got a chance to lasso a fake bull for the first time. The setting was beautiful and the only thing I was sorry about was not wearing warmer clothes because when the sun goes down it gets cold in Colorado! They did have a campfire but it wasn’t big enough to keep everyone warm.
What was really cool is that Expedia showed a few of their blogger videos and their newest commercial – you can see a couple of them below. Although I had nothing to do with it I felt proud because I was in Seattle this past December at Expedia’s headquarters when they invited a dozen of us to go up there and talk about how they can work with the travel blogger community. I think Expedia is on to something and now that they just became the world’s largest online travel agency it’s nice to be working with them.
- Passports with Purpose 2012 Sponsored by Expedia.
- Expedia Find Yours: Travel Bloggers Dave and Deb from The Planet D.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.