Travelers are taking more and more photos and videos these days, and as a result their phones and computers are filling up. Our devices are running out of space. At least mine and my friends’ are.
When I returned from a trip 15 years ago, one of the first things I would do was download my memories onto an external hard drive. Back then, a 250GB external hard drive was bigger than a large hardcover book. Fortunately, over time external hard drives became much smaller and now fit easily into carry-on bags. These days I use one to download photos and videos while I’m still on the road, which is convenient on long trips.
BTW: Have you ever seen what a 5MB hard drive looked like in 1956? It was so big it had to be loaded onto a plane using a fork lift!
The newest external hard drive I carry in my bag is WD’s My Passport Go. It comes in 500GB ($87) and 1TB ($163) sizes and physically is just 3.7″ x 2.6″ x 0.4″ and 1.92oz. Both sizes have a bumper, making them drop-resistant from up to two meters. To be extra safe, I have a few of these that I store in different buildings, just in case there’s ever a fire.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.