Travelers are taking more and more photos and videos these days, and as a result their phones and computers are filling up. Our devices are running out of space. At least mine and my friends’ are.
When I returned from a trip 15 years ago, one of the first things I would do was download my memories onto an external hard drive. Back then, a 250GB external hard drive was bigger than a large hardcover book. Fortunately, over time external hard drives became much smaller and now fit easily into carry-on bags. These days I use one to download photos and videos while I’m still on the road, which is convenient on long trips.
BTW: Have you ever seen what a 5MB hard drive looked like in 1956? It was so big it had to be loaded onto a plane using a fork lift!
The newest external hard drive I carry in my bag is WD’s My Passport Go. It comes in 500GB ($87) and 1TB ($163) sizes and physically is just 3.7″ x 2.6″ x 0.4″ and 1.92oz. Both sizes have a bumper, making them drop-resistant from up to two meters. To be extra safe, I have a few of these that I store in different buildings, just in case there’s ever a fire.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.