I only stayed at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess for one night so I didn’t get to experience all of it but I did experience enough to discover the top 9 reasons why you would want to stay here.
- The scenery: The resort is set against the backdrop of Arizona’s McDowell Mountains and with its Spanish colonial-style architecture, expansive plazas and lush, flower-filled gardens. The resort reflects its Southwestern setting so you actually feel like you are in Arizona.
- The service: There’s a reason why this resort has kept its AAA Five-Diamond rating for the last 21 out of 23 years. All of the employees I encountered are super friendly and seem happy and get this… there’s over 1,100 of them!
- The rooms: The resort has 649 oversized guest rooms with either a private terrace or balcony. I’m Fairmont Gold so I was upgraded to a Junior Suite where I had two flat-screen TVs instead of one and the same comfortable bed as everyone else. I also loved the fact there’s free bottles of water, a state of the art coffee machine and the bathroom is stocked with real Q-tips and soft towels.
- The pools: There are five heated swimming pools. Enough said.
- Restaurants: They have a bunch of fine restaurants including La Hacienda by Richard Sandoval who’s considered the father of modern Mexican cuisine. I enjoyed guacamole made tableside and a trio of tacos fireside. La Hacienda also offers tastings from a choice of 240+ artisan tequila selections. Then there’s the AAA Four-Diamond BOURBON STEAK by acclaimed Michael Mina who actually spends time in his restaurants, unlike many other celebrity chefs. I didn’t eat there but he did offer to make me some appetizers although I was too full from La Hacienda to enjoy them.
- Golf: You can tee off on two championship golf courses, one of which plays host to the PGA TOUR’S Waste Management Phoenix Open. Such a bummer I didn’t get to tear up the course myself.
- Meeting Space: After some research for this post, I now know why the place was packed with conference attendees. The Fairmont Princess has 72,000 square feet of state-of-the-art meeting space.
- Fire: The resort is on 65 acres and at night they have fire features everywhere from tiki torches to fire pits to lit water features. It’s truly special.
- The Spa: The luxurious 44,000 square-foot Willow Stream Spa is like Disneyland for adults. It has sandstone interiors and waterfalls inspired by the Grand Canyon’s Havasupai Falls. Bring your bathing suit because there’s a relaxing rooftop pool and the waterfalls are coed. Since the spa closes at 10 pm I had their signature Desert Serenity Wrap (90 minutes) at 8 pm. Gotta love a late spa treatment to help you sleep. It’s a traditional full-body massage using Arizona jojoba oil (according to the booklet it “blends essences of wild chaparral, sage, canyon pine and mountain arnica”). It’s followed by a light wrap and a soothing scalp massage. Not a bad way to end the night or my trip, eh?
A room now is $399-$499, but summer (May 23-September 5, 2012) is their “deal” season. Their “Sip, Savor & Splash package” is just $159 and includes a $50 resort credit, which can be used toward dining, spa or tennis. For more information log on to ScottsdalePrincess.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.