Farefetch is an ever-growing group of “farefetchers” who find affordable tickets for pay. According to the site, “Rather than working strictly with travel agents, Farefetch turns the power to the people and allows anyone with the knowledge to fetch your fare. (Heck, even you could be a farefetcher.) Plus, you only ever pay if they find a fare that matches your exact criteria.”
Here’s how it works if you’re looking for a cheap flight:
- Enter your destination and the date you’d like to depart.
- Select how many people are going along for the journey.
- Choose the max amount you’ll spend on the fare.
- Then just submit your request and hear back from them within 24 hours.
Once you submit a request, the farefetchers will get to work. If a farefetcher finds your perfect flight, it will automatically be booked, and your card will be charged. You’ll then have a confirmation email waiting in your inbox. Note: The second you submit a request you cannot cancel or change the itinerary unless the airline they booked you with does (but that’s not likely).
If a farefetcher can’t find an itinerary that matches your exact criteria, you don’t have to pay and you can submit a new request as many times as you like. To select a seat you have to go directly to the airline’s site. Once you get your confirmation number from them, it would be wise to touch base with the airline to confirm their baggage policy.
If you’d like to become a farefetcher, here’s where to start.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.