Two weeks ago, we featured a website that can help you save money when parking at the airport. On that website—AirportParkingReservations.com—users can make reservations in advance to avoid scrambling or overpaying in the rush to make a flight. In the days since that feature, a reader turned me on to another airport parking website called CheapAirportParking.org. (Thanks to that reader.) It’s also a great option.
What’s special about CheapAirportParking.org is that it offers places to park at the airport (or near the airport) beyond the expected spaces in parking lots. One example: hotels that are selling their available parking spaces. To see your options, you simply select your airport and times/dates. You can then sort them by distance from the airport, price or customer ratings to help you find the spot that’s best for you.
I just did a quick search for parking at LAX and found the cheapest parking to be $10/day, which is really good for Southern California. To put that in perspective, if you went to LAX’s own parking website or simply showed up at one of its short- or long-term lots, this is what you would pay:
All parking lots except Economy Lot E
- First 15 minutes:
- $5 for the first hour or fraction thereof
- $4 for each 30 minutes after the first hour
- $40 maximum for each 24-hour period
Economy Lot E only (long-term)
- $4 for the first hour or fraction thereof
- $4 for each additional hour or fraction thereof
- $12 maximum for each 24-hour period
So Economy Lot E is definitely a good value compared to the other lots closer to the airport. But searching around is always a good idea. With the likes of Cheap AirportParking.com, you can save more and find, for example, lots that have covered parking spots so your car doesn’t get dirty or damaged by sun.
More help parking at the airport
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.