Get ready for the American Airlines 787 Dreamliner to finally hit the skies this summer!
American just announced the first routes for service on its Boeing 787 Dreamliner. American’s domestic service will begin in May and its international service will begin in June. Currently, United is the only US carrier to have 787s in service.
The 787 initially will be deployed between Dallas/Fort Worth and Chicago O’Hare beginning May 7. It will be launched internationally between Dallas/Fort Worth and Beijing beginning June 2.
The new aircraft will also operate between Dallas/Fort Worth and Buenos Aires beginning June 4.
The cabin will be outfitted with 28 lie-flat business class seats in a 1-2-1 configuration. Business class will feature both forward- and rear-facing seats. So you may find yourself facing backwards in this cabin.
There will be 48 main cabin extra seats with an additional six inches of legroom and 150 main cabin seats. Both main cabin extra and main cabin seats will be arranged in a 3-3-3 configuration.
In addition to improved fuel efficiency, the aircraft was built using composite construction, which is innovative for the industry. This allows for a lower cabin altitude and increased cabin humidity. Basically, this aircraft is designed to reduce the effects of jetlag. Other advanced features on the 787 include larger dimmable windows and improved sound quality.
Customers can start booking American Airlines 787 flights beginning February 14.
Photos: American Airlines
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.