I don’t have kids myself, but when my 5 year old nephew Charlie came to visit last week, we headed over to the Sandpearl Resort on Clearwater Beach for some fun in the sun. Seeing the resort through his eyes was like seeing it for the first time.
- Welcome amenity at check in: Not only did Charlie receive a cup of sparkling cider when he arrived, but also a fun bucket and shovel to make sand castles out on the beach. Needless to say, he loved it!
- Pool & beach, side by side: The zero-entry pool makes it easy for kids to go in and out without missing a step. And when it’s time to hit the beach, the sand is as soft as powder, not to mention cool, so no burnt little feet. Most of the time there aren’t any waves in the Gulf of Mexico, so it’s perfect for new little swimmers. And when small waves do roll, body surfing and boogie boarding are the order of the day.
- Meet a dolphin: The resort offers a package in partnership with nearby Clearwater Marine Aquarium, home of Winter the dolphin from “Dolphin Tale.” Kids get an up close look at marine mammal rehab, and can even have their pictures taken with a resident dolphin!
- S’mores: Charlie’s favorite part of his stay at the Sandpearl may have in fact been making s’mores on the beach. He loved it! And even got to share extras with a family who passed by.
- Kids eat breakfast free: Okay, so maybe it wasn’t Charlie’s favorite, but his mom sure did enjoy the fact that he ate from the breakfast buffet, free of charge. In fact, kids up to age 11 do! The seagull who snagged a piece of bacon from Charlie’s plate also enjoyed acomplimentary treat.
Being with Charlie at the Sandpearl made being at an already-incredible resort even more fun – I didn’t realize that was even possible!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.