Shortly after I featured Roam’s customizable luggage last week, I received an email from the PR team at Travelpro. Here’s what it said: “Trendy, Instagram-perfect luggage might look great, but it’s bound to dent and break after just a few uses. If you’re a frequent traveler looking for a suitcase that will withstand everything airlines throw at it (and more!), Travelpro has the suitcase for you.”
Obviously, I do think Roam’s luggage will last more than a few uses—each piece even comes with a five-year warranty—but I would bet that it doesn’t hold up nearly as well as Travelpro’s bags do. First of all, hard suitcases (in my humble opinion) aren’t as sturdy as soft cases. Secondly, Travelpro is the brand I most often see flight crew using.
I first learned about the brand when I dated a United flight attendant 19 years ago. Fast-forwarding to 2019, Travelpro is now, for the first time, offering consumers the same professional-grade materials that have made its Flight Crew line a favorite luggage brand among crew with the new and limited-edition Crew Expert collection. Crew Expert luggage comes in two models: the Global Carry-On Expandable Rollaboard ($221) and the Max Carry-On Expandable Rollaboard ($238). Both models are built for extreme use and incorporate “a honeycomb frame system, robust corner armor, and crash-guard wheel housings” that provide ultimate protection. And just like Flight Crew bags, Crew Expert luggage is packed with organizational compartments to make life on the road easier to manage.
Weigh in: What suitcase do you travel with? What suitcase do you think is the sturdiest?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.