In late April, Avelo Airlines took their very first flight and I was on it. The hour-long flight on one of their three 737s was from Burbank to Santa Rosa (Sonoma). Here’s my trip report.
There are a lot of good things about Avelo, all of which you can read in the post above, but none greater than the fact that they offer really low fares … and they’re even lower right now because they have a fare sale until August 31 between Burbank and these nine destinations.
-Redding, California: $29 (51% off)
-Santa Rosa / Sonoma County, California: $29 (51% off)
-Arcata–Eureka, California: $39 (43% off)
-Eugene, Oregon: $39 (43% off)
-Medford, Oregon: $39 (43% off)
-Redmond / Bend, Oregon: $44 (36% off)
-Salt Lake City / Ogden, Utah: $44 (36% off)
-Pasco / Tri-Cities, Washington: $49 (34% off)
-Bozeman, Montana: $59 (25% off)
Today, Avelo is about to have a press conference announcing the plans for their second base, this time on the east coast and in New Haven, Connecticut (HVN). Coincidentally, both airports they fly out of are 40 minutes from either where I live or where I grew up so I know the areas well, though I’ve never flown out of New Haven.
I don’t know many people who have but I think that’s all about to change as Avelo’s routes from HVN have just been announced and they’re going to be popular with my fellow New Englanders.
Starting on November 3, Avelo will operate nonstop flights from HVN to Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL), Fort Myers’ Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW), Orlando International Airport (MCO) and Tampa International Airport (TPA). And the best part is that one-way introductory fares start at just $59. You need to book them at AveloAir.com.
Avelo will operate single-class, Boeing 737-700 Next Gen aircraft, which will be way more comfortable than the small regional jets that historically served the airport. The 147-seat aircraft will provide customers with a large, spacious cabin with more room and seating options.
Below are all the details of the new service, including the frequency of flights.
|Start Date||City Pair||Departs||Arrives||Frequency|
|Inaugural First Flight|
|November 3||HVN-MCO||11:00 a.m.||1:55 p.m.||One-time ceremonial flight|
|November 3||MCO-HVN||2:35 p.m.||5:15 p.m.|
|November 4||HVN-MCO||7:30 a.m.||10:25 a.m.||Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays|
|November 4||MCO-HVN||11:05 a.m.||1:45 p.m.||Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays|
|November 5||HVN-FLL||9:00 a.m.||12:10 p.m.||Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays|
|November 5||FLL-HVN||12:50 p.m.||3:40 p.m.||Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays|
|November 8||HVN-TPA||2:30 p.m.||5:35 p.m.||Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays|
|November 8||TPA-HVN||6:15 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays|
|November 11||HVN-RSW||2:30 p.m.||5:50 p.m.||Thursdays, Sundays|
|November 11||RSW-HVN||6:30 p.m.||9:25 p.m.||Thursdays, Sundays|
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.