This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Flying Blue, the flagship loyalty program of Air France and KLM, is known for its regular Promo Rewards sales that offer many of its routes at a significant discount. These include both economy and business class awards for sometimes as much as 50% off the regular price.
What if you don’t use Flying Blue?
Even if you don’t accrue points in Flying Blue, this promotion is still relevant. It is a transfer partner with various credit card programs including:
Even better, there are often transfer bonuses where you can earn more than one mile per point transferred with different partners. This means that you can gather Flying Blue miles quickly and with little effort if needed.
Details on the Flying Blue Promo Reward
Promo Reward reservations are available for a limited time (the current awards must be booked before Jan. 31). Travel must take place between March 1 and April 30 of this year. Each promotion period offers a different set of awards around the world.
This quarter, there are three discounted options from North America to Europe at 25% off. Flights between Chicago O’Hare, Calgary, and Toronto are available for as few as 43,500 miles one way and 87,000 miles roundtrip. That is better than any North American loyalty program can offer.
What’s even more exciting is that prices can fluctuate (often less) if your destination is beyond the Paris or Amsterdam hubs. Previously, Flying Blue offered a flat rate between destination regions. This meant that if you were flying from Chicago to either Paris, London, Madrid, or Istanbul, the discounted promotion rate was the same.
A recent change means this price can vary. But, sometimes it works in your favor at an even lower rate. It is worth playing around with the airline’s award calendar (of course, signing up for Flying Blue if you haven’t already) or the nifty new award calculator on the Flying Blue website.
Is it worth it?
Yes, you would have to get yourself to one of the North American gateway cities, but the savings can be huge if you score a good deal to Europe. If you already have plans for overseas travel, don’t forget to check out the intra-European deals, which start as low as 9,600 miles roundtrip (one-way awards are available, too).
It is important to examine how foreign loyalty programs can fit into the mix when redeeming points and miles. Credit card transfer partnerships have made them incredibly lucrative when it comes to saving on travel!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.