When I travel, I often see celebrities, so I wasn’t surprised to see Richard Simmons walking up to my gate at LAX recently. Actually, I should say I wasn’t surprised to hear Richard Simmons … he was singing at the top of his lungs. I know that running into Richard Simmons might not sound like the most exciting celebrity encounter, but once you’ve been around him, you quickly realize what a special person he is. He walked through the airport carrying two pillows from his bed under his arm, and wearing an orange jumpsuit which he later and proudly confessed was 20 years old and made of polyester. If I didn’t know who he was, I would have thought he’d just escaped from an institution.
I discovered that Richard has a ton of energy and greets everyone he walks by with a friendly hello and calls them beautiful. When we landed in Toronto, we walked side by side towards customs, so I told him that I really enjoyed his Air New Zealand safety video. He blushed, thanking me and asked if I was a professional athlete. That’s a first! I told him what I do for a living, so he wanted to know my favorite place to visit. I said it all depends on the time of the year. His favorite place is Venice, which he discovered while going to school in Florence. Pretty cool. We chatted some more, took a photo and parted ways. In that short time I learned that Richard Simmons is an eccentric, genuine and lovely person – the kind of person the world needs more of.
Now who wants to do some jumping jacks?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.