When I arrived in Budapest, I was worried I might have contracted malaria because I had just come in from Africa and had developed a fever. I wasn’t even staying at the Four Seasons but a couple of friends, (Stacy Small and Laura Fairweather) informed the Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace to contact me to help assist me in finding a doctor. They were a big help as well as MedJet Assist and the Sofitel Budapest. It turns out I felt much better a day later and my fever broke so I stopped worrying about malaria.
However, Veronika, The Four Seasons PR person, was kind enough to offer me a room to rest but since I was comfortable in my Scenic Cruises bed, I declined but said I was available to check out their spa. She said come on over and that’s exactly what I did.
It was a picturesque 20-minute walk from the ‘space ship’ to the hotel, which included crossing over the famous Chain Bridge. Even if you aren’t staying at the Four Seasons, I suggest you walk into the lobby, as it’s jaw-droppingly beautiful. And my 50-minute spa treatment with a Hungarian therapist named Eva was just what the doctor ordered. She had the smoothest hands I’ve ever felt and she was strong.
I loved the marble floors and the fact that she took off her shoes so there was no squeaking. I enjoyed the music (picture of the CD is shown below in photo gallery). All of it was amazing and I hope you get to experience it one day.
Thank you Veronika for setting it up! Pictures are below.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.