I just returned from New York City, where I took the subway a couple of times from Manhattan to Brooklyn. One of my local friends suggested I download NextStop to find out when the trains would arrive so I didn’t have to sit on the hot platform waiting (believe it or not it was 91ºF on Thursday, which was a record for May 3). After doing some research I learned that NextStop costs $2.99 and isn’t highly rated, and in its comments section users were raving about New York Subway MTA Map.
Created by Mapway, New York Subway MTA Map is free for iOS and Android, has a rating of 4.5 stars on 20,000 reviews, and uses the official MTA subway map. The app offers train times and an easy-to-use transit route planner to get you from A to B on the subway in all five NYC boroughs: Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, and Staten Island. It works offline for help even without an internet connection, and it has service status direct from MTA to inform you of delays via alerts sent straight to your phone. My favorite function of the app (besides it being free) is that it has countdown clocks for each subway station so you know when the next train is due, which means much less waiting around in a hot (or cold) or lonely station.
If you’re visiting New York City for the first time, there’s also a handy guide in the app filled with helpful travel tips and information.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.