One news story that caught my eye recently was from the New York Times where they wrote that complimentary meals have returned to some domestic flights.
I experienced this the week before when Natalie, Jack and I flew from New York’s JFK on American Airlines. Shortly after takeoff, the flight attendants came down the aisle with the food cart so I reached to bust out my wallet and buy some food. But then something different happened, the flight attendant started handing out breakfast boxes to everyone.
I didn’t hear the flight attendant say there was a choice but I later found out that in addition to the box with a not very fresh bagel, yogurt and small packet of granola that there was also a fruit (grapes and one strawberry) and cheese plate (pictured below).
It’s was a nice welcome but I was surprised that they no longer offer any “buy onboard” items like potato chips or cookies…so if you want snacks, you better pack them.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.