One news story that caught my eye recently was from the New York Times where they wrote that complimentary meals have returned to some domestic flights.
I experienced this the week before when Natalie, Jack and I flew from New York’s JFK on American Airlines. Shortly after takeoff, the flight attendants came down the aisle with the food cart so I reached to bust out my wallet and buy some food. But then something different happened, the flight attendant started handing out breakfast boxes to everyone.
I didn’t hear the flight attendant say there was a choice but I later found out that in addition to the box with a not very fresh bagel, yogurt and small packet of granola that there was also a fruit (grapes and one strawberry) and cheese plate (pictured below).
It’s was a nice welcome but I was surprised that they no longer offer any “buy onboard” items like potato chips or cookies…so if you want snacks, you better pack them.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.