I’ve written about my use of external hard drives in the past, including here and here. The fact is that there are many good and durable external hard drives to choose, and most/all of them will enable you to back up your files (including your travel photos) so that they’re safe if anything happens to your laptop or other device.
Well, just in time for the holiday season, I discovered a new external hard drive to feature: the G-DRIVE Mobile SSD from G-Technology. The G-DRIVE comes in 500GB ($109.95), 1TB ($183.44) and 2TB ($299.99) sizes, all of which come in a sleek, black, aluminum shell. What’s really amazing, though, is the size of the G-DRIVE. It’s just 3.74″ x 1.97″ x 0.57″ and yet it’s extremely durable, which makes it easy to travel with.
More on the G-DRIVE Mobile SSD durable external hard drive
Straight from the WD website, here are the specs:
- Ruggedized Storage: Built using hand-picked components to withstand tough conditions in the field, this durable drive provides ruggedized storage you can trust. And with the G-DRIVE Mobile SSD, you get IP67 water and dust resistance, 3-meter drop protection, and a 1000lb crushproof rating.
- High Speed To Edit Faster: Featuring transfer speeds up to 560MB/s, the G-DRIVE Mobile SSD is among the fastest external SSDs available so you can quickly edit and save large video and photo source files.
- A Cool, Aluminum Core to Protect Performance: A protective aluminum core helps prevent overheating and maintains high performance, while a custom enclosure insulates the drive when in use.
- USB-C™Connector: The G-DRIVE Mobile SSD is ready for newer computers and other laptops through a reversible USB-C port with a USB 3.1 Gen 2 interface, and comes with a USB 3.0/2.0 cable adapter for backwards compatibility.
- Shock And Vibration Resistant: Solid state drives don’t utilize moving parts, so the G-DRIVE Mobile SSD is able to endure accidental bumps or drops to help protect against data loss and system failures.
- Think Big. Travel Light.: Available in capacities up to 2TB1, the G-DRIVE Mobile SSD provides light, pocket-sized storage to keep your 4K footage, RAW photos, and media libraries to edit and save, wherever, whenever.
- Windows Compatible: You can make your G-Technology drive Windows compatible whether you’re working with the latest macOS or Windows based computer. Learn more about Windows compatibility solutions here (link).
- 5-Year Limited Warranty: Offering an industry-leading 5-year limited warranty, the G-DRIVE Mobile SSD is ready to provide high-performance storage for years to come.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.