On a recent trip to New York City I read a story in the New York Post called “Turn your phone into the perfect travel tool.” One of the apps that caught my attention was called Airport Sherpa, which promises—once it launches—to be the first app to let you order food from an airport restaurant and have it delivered to you at your gate. According to the article, it was supposed to launch June 1 (but hasn’t yet) at Baltimore/Washington International and then roll out to other major airports like LGA and JFK throughout the year.
It’s a brilliant idea and I definitely want to try it—once it launches. For now, when I enter my info I get: “We are working on upgrading website, please try again later.” That should change when it’s up and running later this month. What I know already is that Airport Sherpa will be able to get you food and deliver it to you at the gate, even if it’s from a different terminal. You can order up to one week in advance (your order will be delivered even if your gate changes), and delivery fees start at $3.99. I’m not sure if I believe the promise to deliver “gate to gate walking directions with smart time estimates to ensure you get that tasty bite but never miss your flight because of it.” But I’m hoping!
Airport Sherpa is currently available only on iOS but they say Android is coming soon. We’ll see.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.