On a recent trip to New York City I read a story in the New York Post called “Turn your phone into the perfect travel tool.” One of the apps that caught my attention was called Airport Sherpa, which promises—once it launches—to be the first app to let you order food from an airport restaurant and have it delivered to you at your gate. According to the article, it was supposed to launch June 1 (but hasn’t yet) at Baltimore/Washington International and then roll out to other major airports like LGA and JFK throughout the year.
It’s a brilliant idea and I definitely want to try it—once it launches. For now, when I enter my info I get: “We are working on upgrading website, please try again later.” That should change when it’s up and running later this month. What I know already is that Airport Sherpa will be able to get you food and deliver it to you at the gate, even if it’s from a different terminal. You can order up to one week in advance (your order will be delivered even if your gate changes), and delivery fees start at $3.99. I’m not sure if I believe the promise to deliver “gate to gate walking directions with smart time estimates to ensure you get that tasty bite but never miss your flight because of it.” But I’m hoping!
Airport Sherpa is currently available only on iOS but they say Android is coming soon. We’ll see.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.