There’s a new on-demand rideshare app in Las Vegas called Trip to Strip. Behind the app is the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada, which is hoping to take on Uber and Lyft. Well, sort of.
Unlike Uber and Lyft, Trip to Strip doesn’t take you from directly point A to point B. Per the website: “Customer pickup locations include RTC bus stops and designated RTC paratransit stops. Trip to Strip drivers will make every attempt to pick up customers near their location and get customers as close as possible to their final destination, but customers may be required to walk a short distance after being dropped off.”
Trip to Strip is available on both Android and iOS. It’s billed as a shared ride “microtransit service” that promises no surge pricing, though no prices are currently listed on the website. After downloading the Trip to Strip app, you can request a ride for up to 11 passengers and go to the Las Vegas Strip, Downtown Las Vegas or McCarran Airport. The service takes multiple passengers heading in the same direction in a shared vehicle. Once you input your address, you’ll be matched with a vehicle going your way and be provided an arrival time.
The bottom line is that the app seems to be a last resort unless you’re traveling by yourself and you don’t care how long and how many stops it will take to get where you want to go. Download it so you have it in case there’s a big event in town and you can’t get a taxi or Uber/Lyft. At the very least, Trip to Strip is a better option than walking. Here are some frequently asked questions pulled directly from the website:
How much does it cost to ride Trip to Strip?
Affordable pricing based on distance of ride and number of people included in booking party.
How long will I wait?
You’ll always get an accurate estimate of your pick-up before booking. You can also track your vehicle in real time in the app.
How many passengers might be sharing the ride with me?
The number of passengers you share a ride with varies based on capacity and your chosen destination. Our vehicles accommodate up to 11 people.
Is there enough room in the Trip to Strip vehicle to accommodate luggage?
Yes, there is room to accommodate each customer’s luggage. Trip to Strip drivers will even assist riders with luggage. Additionally, Trip to Strip vehicles will be able to accommodate oversized items.
Can customers take the Trip to Strip service to destinations outside of the Las Vegas Strip?
Trip to Strip provides service in and around the Las Vegas Strip, the Las Vegas Convention Center and McCarran International Airport (Terminal 1 only). The service area expands north to downtown Las Vegas and as far south as the M Resort.
Does Trip to Strip operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?
Yes, Trip to Strip operates around the clock.
Will the vehicles be able to accommodate customers with wheelchairs?
Yes, some of the Trip to Strip vehicles are equipped with ramps and are ADA-accessible.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.