The holidays are here yet again and if you’re struggling to find a great gift for the traveler on your Christmas shopping list, you’re not alone. Every year, so many people are stumped and if you’re one of them, look no further … I’ve got your answer!
This year, give someone the gift of something totally unique … like the gift of a new language. I absolutely love this idea. Assimil is a language-learning program that can help someone learn a new language in weeks instead of years. Assimil is new to the United States but has long been popular in Europe (it’s a French company founded in 1929) and is a wonderful gift to give this holiday season.
Because I travel so frequently, people often ask me if I speak any other languages. I always tell them that I can barely speak English! But hopefully that’s about to change with the help of Assimil. They sent me the French program to try out and over the next few weeks, I’ll be giving it a whirl in my attempt to become bilingual. My wife is Canadian and since French is one of Canada’s official languages, she speaks it pretty well. When we’ve traveled to Quebec, France and Tahiti, she’s been able to communicate with the locals while I stand by silently. I’d love to change that and join in the conversation with at least a funny, if poorly pronounced, joke!
There are lots of language learning programs out there but I like what I know about Assimil. Within the first lesson, users should feel like they’ve made some real progress learning a new language and all 100 lessons can be completed in a few weeks. I love that; I don’t have a lot of time these days since my wife and I welcomed our first son a few short months ago. Once the 100 lessons are completed, it’s the equivalent of finishing one year of college or high school level of study. That’s amazing!
The other great thing is the affordability of the program. It’s normally $125 but can now be purchased for less than $75. And while there may be even cheaper products out there, many of them are entry-level and don’t provide as advanced learning as Assimil. And because of its European roots, the Assimil programs offer greater authenticity when it comes to learning any of the many European languages—and they do so with a focus on quality of the user experience.
So if you’re looking for a unique gift this Christmas, you might just want to consider Assimil. It’s perfect for the person who’s made a New Year’s resolution to learn a new language. Or maybe for your parents who are planning a European vacation for the summertime. Maybe you’re shopping for a friend who travels frequently for business. Or perhaps you want to add it to your own Christmas wish list. Whoever you’re shopping for, I think they’ll love this. You can buy Assimil from OptiLingo here.
Since I was fortunate enough to receive a sample, I’ll be giving Assimil a try and learning some French in the new year. Wish me luck and stay tuned for a follow-up post where I’ll tell you all about my experience. Au revoir!
This post is sponsored by Optilingo.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.