I’m not sure how I’m just learning about Nima now, since it’s been around for a few years. In 2015, it was even named one of Travel + Leisure’s best travel products. In any case, the Nima app provides the info you need to live life gluten- or peanut-free. Via its own unique community, it crowdsources allergen test results from thousands of restaurants across the United States. Every Nima-tested restaurant has ratings and reviews to help you decide whether to go and what to order.
If you own one of their physical Nima sensors (they’re available for gluten or peanut testing and cost $289 each), you can even test food yourself and have the results synced to the app instantly and automatically. Every restaurant dish or packaged food test result that you review is added to the Nima-tested restaurant map or packaged foods database (searchable feature coming soon). And you don’t need a sensor to get use out of the app. The in-app map—the aggregate of the crowdsourced testing—has green icons designating restaurants with gluten- or peanut-free test results. The orange icons identify menu items that have tested positive for containing an allergen.
- A Great Free App for Travelers With Food Allergies
- How to Find a Good Restaurant When You Have Food Allergies
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.