Happy Thanksgiving! Since I’m getting emails from readers asking what they can and can’t bring on the plane, I thought I would go straight to the source for answers.
My suggestion before leaving for the airport is to try the TSA “Can I Bring My…” tool to make sure your items are allowed. Just enter the item you want to pack and it will tell you whether you can pack it in your carry-on or whether it needs to go in your checked bag.
The TSA also has a prohibited items list. If you are still having trouble finding the answer, then reach out to the @AskTSA team via Twitter or Facebook Messenger and they’ll surprisingly get right back to you with an answer.
If you’re wondering about what foods you can travel with, you can bring cakes, pies, bread, donuts, fruits, vegetables, turkeys, etc. Gravy is prohibited from carry-on bags unless you pack it in accordance with the TSA liquid policy. If you really need to, you can also pack it in your checked baggage.
I hope this helps and make your travels smoother and tastier. Happy Thanksgiving!
Tried this tip? Let me know in the comments!
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 818!
Want even more travel tips? Subscribe to the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! All you have to do is sign up for the weekly newsletter by filling in your email address and checking the Daily Travel Tip box in the top-right corner of the homepage.
If you already subscribe to the newsletter, fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box in the same top-right corner of the homepage and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day. And don’t worry—it’s easier than it sounds!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.