If you’re a Marriott Rewards member, you can now add the Canada-based Delta Hotels and Resorts family to the list of lodgings offering you rewards points for stays. Acquired by Marriott International in April 2015, Delta has branched beyond its Canadian border with its first US property in Orlando, Florida: the Delta Orlando Lake Buena Vista, which officially celebrated its grand opening last Thursday (April 21).
Press conference and ceremony
The formal ceremony and press conference served as a platform for announcing Marriott’s intention to globally expand the Delta brand to major cities including New York, Shanghai, and London as well as reveal the new Delta logo.
“The new streamlined logo design reflects our promise to provide guests with a seamless travel experience so they can focus on what’s important,” said Paul Cahill, Global Brand Leader Delta Hotels & Resorts, area vice president of operations, speaking to the distinct brand that Delta has to offer.
“The Delta Orlando Lake Buena Vista offers state-of-the-art technology and intuitive designs to meet the needs of modern business and leisure travelers,” said DJ Rama, president of JHM Hotels. “It combines the benefits of an upscale family resort with a boutique feel to offer guests a unique experience.”
JHM partnered with Delta in developing the Orlando property. The synergy of style and simplicity in the design of the Orlando Lake Buena Vista Hotel is what guests can expect to find in developing Delta properties throughout the world.
The invitation to the party that followed wasn’t just limited to suit-and-tie- and formal-dress-wearing hotel executives and the press. It was open to any guest of the hotel who happened to be staying that night.
Families returning from long days at Disney Magic Kingdom or SeaWorld, wearing flip-flops and beachwear seemed a little bewildered by all the commotion in the lobby but soon realized that they, too, were invited and welcome to participate in the celebration. Live music, an open bar, champagne, waitered hors d’oeuvres, seafood, and gourmet food stations set up throughout the lobby were open to anyone who wanted to join the festivities.
Inside the Delta Orlando Lake Buena Vista
The hotel is the closest non-Disney hotel to the Walt Disney World Resort. The average double-occupancy room starts at $169/night. Recreation includes an outdoor heated pool, whirlpool, and—opening later this summer—Splash Zone, featuring a pirate ship with water cannons. Overlooking the pool is a 24/7 fitness center with 13 stations and free weights, and there’s Kid’s Zone featuring PlayStation 4, Wii U, foosball, and board games.
Regarding on-site dining offerings, there’s a full American breakfast buffet ($9.95), a restaurant (D-Flats) featuring flatbread pizzas and a variety of dishes for lunch and dinner, a grab-n-go deli, a lobby bar, and room service from 6 am to midnight.
More hotel photos in the gallery below!
For more on the Delta Orlando Lake Buena Vista, visit the hotel’s homepage here. All photos credited to Laura Pedrick.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.