JohnnyJet.com has been in Japan several times in the past few months (see our stories at the bottom). Japan is an incredible travel destination, with amazing food, beautiful nature and architecture, clean and efficient transportation systems, and more, but as a foreign place it still presents its share of challenges to visitors. That’s where the Japan Official Travel App can help.
- An in-app transit tool that lets you map out how to get around
- Location-sensitive maps that find the nearest Wi-Fi, ATMs, places to store bags, hospitals, train stations, and more
- Details on discount transit passes
- Hubs for disaster information (just in case) and where to find your embassy
- Long write-ups on Japanese etiquette and customs (like over-the-counter medicine)
- Articles and lists on things to do, eat, etc.
- An offline feature that lets you save items for unconnected access
The interface is occasionally a little much, but the sheer quantity of information available makes the app worth a look (maybe on the plane to Japan!).
Recent Japan stories:
- 10 Things to Do in Japan’s Chubu Region
- 10 Things to Do in Tokushima, Japan
- One Day in Tokyo, Japan
- My Quick Trip to Tokyo
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.