This week’s ground transportation news:
- Uber will require all drivers and riders to wear masks starting Monday May 18 — and is using AI to enforce the rules.
- NYC MTA adds social distancing markers, floats idea of bus, subway reservations
- For the first time in 20 years, AAA will not issue a Memorial Day travel forecast – which estimates the number of people traveling over the holiday weekend.
- Rental Giant Hertz Could Be in Bankruptcy in Weeks, Destroying What’s Left of the Used Car Market
- Get Ready for the Summer of the RV: “The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has warned that ‘Traveling by RV means you may have to stop less often for food or bathrooms, but RV travelers typically have to stop at RV parks overnight and other public places to get gas and supplies. These stops may put you and those with you in the RV in close contact with others who could be infected.’ Nonetheless, it’s far less of a risk than traveling by plane, train, cruise or automobile.”
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.