UPDATE (April 17, 2020): This offer has been changed due to the pandemic and high demand. It’s currently $10 off an annual membership with the promo code below.
Have you used Shipt? I’m a relatively new member and I can’t believe it took me so long to discover the benefits of this amazing same-day delivery service. (Shout out to my neighbor Jenna who not only got me hooked but also hooked me up with her Shipt promo code, which earned me the annual membership for $50 off, which I’m about to do for you too, so read on!)
These days, there’s practically nothing you can’t get delivered straight to your front door, from diapers to dinner. (At the time of publication, DoorDash had 3,531 restaurants in Los Angeles alone to choose from!) Instead of fighting through the crowds at the grocery store on busy weekends, I order groceries online and have them delivered when it’s convenient. Instead of carting large items like boxes of diapers or heavy things like laundry detergent home myself, I can have them arrive on my front doorstep. Some may call this the height of laziness, but for me, it’s a luxurious convenience. Delivery services have made life so much easier, leaving more time for me to spend with my family.
Shipt: Same-day delivery
I recently discovered Shipt (acquired by Target in 2017) and I love it! Shipt offers same-day delivery (with a minimum order spend) from local stores in as little as one hour. In my neighborhood, I can shop from Target, CVS, Vons, Northgate Market, Smart & Final, Petco, 99 Ranch and Office Depot and Office Max. (Online, you can enter in your zip code to see what local stores are serving your area.) You can shop for whatever you need and have it delivered as quickly as one hour later. The service is especially handy if you’re cooking and realize you are missing ingredients or if you run out of a household essential and don’t have time to run out and pick it up. I’ve got two little ones at home so there’s no such thing as a quick trip to the store to pick something up. Shipt makes it possible to get what I need without wasting time pleading with my toddler to cooperate so I can run a quick errand. In fact, a version of this scenario is precisely what prompted founder Bill Smith to start Shipt in the first place.
I mostly use Shipt to shop from Target and I love that the service is integrated right into the Target app. So while you’re browsing the app, it’ll tell you if the item is eligible for Shipt’s same-day delivery.
I also love to use Shipt when I’m traveling home after being away for a while. Before leaving home, we always make sure we’ve eaten up all the perishables in the fridge but that means the fridge is essentially empty when we get home. With Shipt, I can place an order for milk, eggs, fruit, veggies and other items that we need and have them delivered as soon as we arrive home.
Shipt promo code
An annual Shipt membership is $99 for unlimited deliveries but with my referral code, you can get the yearly membership for $49. When you sign up using my Shipt promo code (Fbt7d), I’ll get $50 towards future Shipt purchases but once you’re a member, you will also get a personal code to share with friends and family so you too can offer them 50% off their membership and you’ll get $50 back for every person who signs up.
I’ve been an Amazon Prime member for years and two-day shipping is great. But when you need things right away, you can’t beat Shipt. Being able to try it out for just $49/year was what convinced me to give it a try, but it’s definitely worth it, even at $99 for the annual membership. It’s really been a game-changer for me so I hope you enjoy it, too!
Have your own tip? Email it to email@example.com!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,686!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.