I’ve been in a helicopter three times in my life. Each time, after floating back down to Earth, I’ve arrived at the same conclusion: Everything should be seen by helicopter.
This is not a lesson I apply in practice very often, because I don’t live in GTA V. Helicopters are hard to come by in real, everyday life, as are helicopter pilots, helipads, and the rest of whatever else you need to spin through the air. Luckily, Hayman Island (see my full story here) is the very antithesis of everyday life, and so it proudly offers a number of unbelievable helicopter tours that even include transfer by golf cart to and from its own helipad.
I opted for a Whitehaven Beach Indulgence tour, which involved my Robinson R44 (flown by a guy named Mitchell) literally landing on world-famous Whitehaven Beach (whose white silica sand is so fine that NASA has used it to polish their instruments). Though this option includes a “hand-packed” lunch on the beach, said lunch is pretty much champagne and snacks. So don’t do it for the lunch—take a helicopter tour at Hayman because just getting up in the air (even on the cheaper, 6-minute reef tour) in this part of the world guarantees you a visual symphony unlike anything you’ve ever witnessed.
The sparkling whites, the emerald greens, the endless blues, all swirling together like nature’s best Impressionist painting—better yet just check out the pictures here:
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.