I just returned from an Africa safari with Micato Safaris. It was my maiden trip to Kenya and although I’ve been all around the world and to other parts of Africa, it can be a bit nerve racking arriving to a new destination for the first time, especially in Africa. Micato instantly relieved all my anxiety upon our arrival. A Micato concierge greeted my wife and I as soon as we stepped off the plane and after clearing immigration and fetching our bags, we were on our way to Hemingways Nairobi.
Hemingways Nairobi is a brand new boutique hotel located in the suburbs of Nairobi. Late at night, when there’s no traffic, the drive takes 40 minutes but during the day, it’s much longer thanks to Nairobi’s notoriously horrendous traffic congestion. If you are looking for a luxury hotel to use as a home base before your African safari, then Hemingways Nairobi is perfect. As you will see from the selection of photos below, it’s plush and comfortable. And I was happy to learn that they will store some of your clothes or extra luggage if necessary, since the bush planes we were taking throughout the course of our safari have strict weight limits.
Good to Know:
- Hemingways Nairobi is a member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
- There are 45 luxurious guest rooms and suites.
- The rooms at Hemingways Nairobi are all named after a famous writer, explorer or actor with African ties. We were in room 34, Vasco Da Gama’s room.
- The smallest room is still 80 square meters, which is quite comfortable.
- The rooms are plush and bug-free and have a flat screen TV hidden inside a trunk at the foot of the bed. Press a button and it rises up.
- The beds extremely comfortable and have the perfect size/weight pillows and comforter, which ensured me a good night’s sleep.
- They have one of the largest and nicest deep-soaking tubs I’ve ever seen.
- The hardwood floors are quite slippery so be careful when you’re walking around with socks on. It might be best to go barefoot.
- There are three restaurants and I love the Africa-inspired quotes on the wall in the dining room.
- Afternoon tea is served daily from 3pm to 5pm on The Dining Room Terrace overlooking the Ngong Hills.
- There’s a spa with four treatment rooms.
- There’s a gym with cardiovascular equipment, free weights and a Kinesis resistance system.
- Hemingways Nairobi has a 15-meter outdoor heated swimming pool.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.