Houston is getting quite a bit of attention for its culinary scene. The trifecta of excellent farming, ranching and fishing in the area is a major contributor, and there are a slew of new restaurants, bars, and markets that are worth checking out. Here’s what’s hot in Houston right now:
Chef Chris Shepherd opened Underbelly in April 2012 after having trouble finding a restaurant that truly celebrated Houston. His “American Creole” cuisine recognizes the city’s ethnic diversity, and his dedication to “only buy from friends” ensures that ingredients are locally and sustainably sourced. This casual restaurant takes food seriously; from the “Korean Braised Goat & Dumplings” ($14) to the “Vinegar Pie” ($9) to the list of jams that guests can take home with them, no detail has been overlooked.
Here’s a look at some highly-anticipated upcoming Houston restaurant and bar openings:
- Houston’s beer scene will grow with the addition of City Acre Brewing, with an on-site garden. Early 2013.
- The team behind Revival Market is opening a rustic Italian restaurant, Coltivare. Spring 2013.
- A group of independent restaurant and bar owners are collaborating on a bar where 100% of the proceeds are donated to charity, OKRA Charity Saloon. Early 2013.
- The Pass is the space adjacent to Provisions, with the same chefs but a more upscale experience and only 36 seats. Fall 2012.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.