It seems like more and more companies are implementing automated phone systems these days. When you call their customer service numbers, it feels like an eternity going through the maze of menu options before you’re able to speak to a human being.
This is especially true in the travel industry. I used to recommend the GetHuman.com website as a way to get around the problem—to bypass annoying automated telephone prompts—but it’s turned totally commercial—and you have to pay for it now. The GetHuman free Android and iOS apps, however, still have the goods. What’s great about the GetHuman app is that it tells you the fastest and best phone numbers along with the fastest sequence so you don’t have to wait on hold longer than you have to. It lists tens of thousands of companies worldwide but some of them are outdated (ahem, US Airways and AirTran have been out of business for years). In any case, it’s a handy app to have at your disposal, especially when your flight is delayed or canceled and you’re trying to get a jump on the other passengers.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.