It seems like more and more companies are implementing automated phone systems these days. When you call their customer service numbers, it feels like an eternity going through the maze of menu options before you’re able to speak to a human being.
This is especially true in the travel industry. I used to recommend the GetHuman.com website as a way to get around the problem—to bypass annoying automated telephone prompts—but it’s turned totally commercial—and you have to pay for it now. The GetHuman free Android and iOS apps, however, still have the goods. What’s great about the GetHuman app is that it tells you the fastest and best phone numbers along with the fastest sequence so you don’t have to wait on hold longer than you have to. It lists tens of thousands of companies worldwide but some of them are outdated (ahem, US Airways and AirTran have been out of business for years). In any case, it’s a handy app to have at your disposal, especially when your flight is delayed or canceled and you’re trying to get a jump on the other passengers.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.