Hopefully, you’ve had an enjoyable holiday season! Of course, even on this side of New Year’s there’s still room for the giving holiday spirit, which is why we’ve compiled an updated list of airline programs that let you donate frequent flier miles to charities in need. Whether or not you have enough miles to get a free flight yourself, donating to charity allows you to add your miles to existing miles donated by others, making it easy to directly help facilitate a free flight for someone who really needs it.
Aeroplan: Beyond Miles (link)
Aeroplan’s Charitable Pooling Program focuses on supporting organizations and individuals who want to improve the lives of people in their local communities. Donated miles through the Aeroplan program might, for example, be used to fund travel, car rentals, hotel stays, and merchandise, as well as prizes for fundraising.
Alaska Airlines Charity Miles Pool (link)
The Alaska Charity Miles Pool offers Mileage Plan members a way to support important causes. Donate miles to this program and help charities with business travel and accommodation of special organization requests.
American Airlines’ Miles for Kids in Need (link)
American’s Miles for Kids in Need lets you put your AAdvantage miles to good use to support children and families in need. AA supports a variety of child and family focused charities, all of which are detailed at American’s Giving homepage, including Miles of Hope, Miles for Kids in Need, and more. For more information, you can also call 1-800-882-8880.
Asia Miles for charity (link)
With your donation, charities partnered with the Asia Miles rewards program can send aid workers, volunteers and doctors around the world, or bring elderly relatives closer together. Donate to organizations like: C.A.R.E. Society, which supports seniors who experience loneliness and depression; ORBIS, a global development organization; UNICEF, which improves the lives of children in developing countries; and more.
Delta’s SkyWish (link)
Delta’s SkyWish program lets you donate miles to whichever charity you choose in their massive database. You can choose a maximum of five charities to be processed in one transaction. Charities involved include Make-A-Wish, Habitat for Humanity, UNICEF, and more.
JetBlue’s True Giving (link)
JetBlue True Giving program directs the extra miles you give away to support education, families, communities, and the environment. Points can be donated locally or globally to causes in their database.
Lufthansa Miles & More for charity (link)
By donating your extra Miles & More miles through Lufthansa’s program, you can support a number of causes. For example, you can support SOS Children’s Villages in Russia, Africa and Asia through this independent, international and social children’s aid organization that stands up for children’s needs and rights.
Of course, the ways to give back with your miles extend beyond this list. There are even a lot of charities that you can donate miles to directly if you don’t want to go through an airline. Mile Donor is a great resource that can help if you aren’t sure which type of organization you want to donate to. The site holds a lot of news and tax information, as well.
Have you used another resource or program to donate miles? If so, share it in the comments below!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.