One good thing to come out of the COVID-19 pandemic is creativity. With so much time on people’s hands and travel coming to a near standstill, it’s been one of the silver linings of 2020. I have finally had some time to get creative myself, launching a travel podcast and a YouTube series, both of which I’ve been putting off for years because I couldn’t find the time.
Speaking of YouTube, I’ve been spending a lot of time on there lately and I gotta tell you, it’s amazing. There is so much to see, learn and even just veg out to. I’ve found so many videos that I enjoy that I’ve created tips on some of my favorite channels, like this live Alaska webcam of Grizzly bears plucking salmon swimming upstream or this channel with live webcams from around the world that rotate every 15 seconds. I just watch my TV before bed and reminisce of all the views I was fortunate to see with my own eyes.
Without a doubt, one of the ultimate (and most expensive) travel trips you can take is an African safari to a luxurious lodge. It’s a trip I dream of taking my children on one day. Since we can’t travel there now physically, you can virtually thanks to andBeyond’s virtual safaris.
I’m fortunate to have been on multiple African safaris including in South Africa, Kenya and Tanzania. My wife (you can follow her on Instagram at @NatalieDiScala) and I were also lucky to experience one of andBeyond’s lodges in Central India for a tiger safari.
Now, everyone can experience a virtual safari from home, which have been streaming twice daily for the past month two months. If you don’t want to listen in on someone else’s safari, then you can book a private chat with a knowledgeable ranger (for up to six people with most of the $200 price tag going to conservation efforts) so guests can ask questions about animals, the bush, conservation and life as a safari guide.
Parents can sign kids up for the complimentary Saturday morning group activities where they’ll be able to ask questions and learn about local culture and the wildlife..
You can view the safaris between:
06:30am – 09:30am CAT (sunrise dependent)
15:00pm – 18:00pm CAT (sunset dependent)
If you need help with the time change 6:30am CAT is 9:30pm PST and 15:00pm CAT is 6am PST or just click this link: MyTime.io/6:30am/CAT
My African Safari Posts
–In Search of the Big Five on a Micato Safari in the Masai Mara
–First Look at Richard Branson’s Mahali Mzuri Kenya Safari Camp
–Serengeti Balloon Safari
–12 Reasons to Choose Micato Safaris for Your Next African Safari
–11 Reasons to Stay at the Four Seasons Serengeti Lodge in Tanzania
–South Africa Safari
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.