It always sucks being sick, but it really sucks when you’re sick and away from home. What do you do if you need a doctor or medical help away from home? Thanks to technology, apps and services built to answer this question have been popping up for some time now. I’ve written about the Heal app, which is mostly in California, and Baby Doctor in NYC. Both can help travelers and residents find and see a doctor in their selected destination.
Well, there’s now another such service that you can use to find a doctor worldwide. It’s called Air Doctor. With Air Doctor, vacationers and business travelers who fall ill in one of the 39+ countries listed here can schedule doctor appointments through a free app for iOS and Android and receive service from a private, pre-screened practitioner in their native language.
Doctors are paid directly by Air Doctor, so users never need to leave cash, find an ATM, or hand over a credit card to doctors they see. Air Doctor also offers a telemedicine service that allows customers to have initial consultations with doctors familiar with their local languages, cultures and medical systems. As for specific prices: I just searched for a doctor in my area and found a video conference offered for $38. There were multiple doctors available to do “house calls,” meanwhile, and they ranged from $72 to $600.
More on Air Doctor
According to the website, all of Air Doctor’s partnering doctors are “licensed trusted professionals who are qualified to treat you. Before scheduling an appointment, you have the ability to see all of a doctor’s information including professional background, spoken languages, other patients’ reviews and much more all in a beautifully designed app.”
In a recent press release, Jenny Cohen Derfler, CEO of Air Doctor, added this: “By opening our convenient smartphone application, anyone can have instant access to a list of local physicians who have been screened and are approved to serve traveler needs.. Saving travelers from unnecessary stress, they can use the application to set an appointment for a visit in a private clinic or even their hotel room.”
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.