Ask.Vet isn’t really a travel website; it’s a service, and a brilliant one at that. If you have a pet—no matter if you’re home or on a trip with your pet—it’s “your virtual urgent care.” For $99 a year, you get real veterinarian advice 24/7, saving you time and potentially thousands of dollars in unnecessary vet and emergency visits. According to their site, just 20% of concerns had to be resolved by seeing a vet in person.
Sample questions and concerns include:
- If your dog has diarrhea. How long can you wait to see if it resolves on its own?
- The new flea and tick medication has left your cat shaking. Is it serious?
- The chocolate you left on the counter was eaten by your dog. Is an emergency visit necessary?
- Your dog received vaccines several hours ago and now she’s laying in one spot and doesn’t want to move. Will this pass?
- Your cat walks away from his food bowl after only eating half of his food. Is this cause for concern?
The $99 Virtual Vet membership includes:
- Unlimited text sessions with a vet.
- A support community of exclusive groups (e.g., breeds, interests)
- Ongoing vet supervision for chronic illness (e.g., diabetes, arthritis, etc), and wellness management (e.g., puppyhood, nutrition, behavior, weight, exercise, parasite eradication)
- Six phone calls with a veterinarian
- Pet recall alerts, educational videos, & webinars with vets
Here’s how it works:
- Step 1: Text VET to 67076
- Step 2: Tell them your concern
- Step 3: Get connected with a veterinarian for answers, via text, within minutes
I haven’t used the service, but if I had a pet I think I would. Have you used Ask.Vet? What has your experience been like?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.