Whenever I travel to London, I use Blacklane to get to and from the airport and to and from my hotel and/or my wife’s relatives’ house. (I also use Blacklane PASS to zip through the airports like a celeb; full disclosure: I’m one of their brand ambassadors.)
However, because Blacklane requires at least a one-hour notice ahead of a pick-up, whenever I need to get around in London, I either take the Tube or an uberX. I rarely take a hackney cab (black taxi) because they’re expensive and charge extra when you use a credit card, and I rarely carry cash these days (or at least they used to; I’m not sure if that’s still the case).
Another way to get a ride in London that I know some Londoners like is to use a website/app called Cabhit, which allows you to search a variety of taxi and cab services to instantly find a car, whenever you need it and wherever you are in England. You can even use it to pre-book a car. You simply pick the best quote that you’re offered via the taxi fare calculator and get going (and they don’t charge extra for paying with a credit card).
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.