This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
I may be in Los Angeles but it feels like New York City at my house and that’s not because of the weather! It’s because I ordered pizzas from one of my favorite New York City restaurants, Rubirosa, via Goldbelly. I wrote about Goldbelly not long ago since I only discovered them during the pandemic, watching way too much YouTube (I had to get my travel fix somehow!)
Goldbelly has been around since 2013 but in short, you can order pretty much any popular foods from the most famous places around the country: Pat’s Original Philly Cheesesteak, Joe’s KC BBQ, Guy’s BBQ Pulled Pork Trash Can Nachos, Ess-a-Bagel, Joe’s Pizza from NYC or even cannolis from Ferrara Bakery, banana pudding from Magnolia Bakery and cheesecake from Juniors. This is just a tiny sampling of everything they offer for delivery.
It’s not cheap but one of the premium credit cards I use has a promotion: If you spend $100, you get $50 back, up to three times before June 30. So, I’ve been making good with it. On top of that, I’m part of Goldbelly’s affiliate program so you will get $15 off your first order and I’ll get a $15 credit. Use this Goldbelly link to claim your credit.
Shipping can be pricey but the secret is to browse their sale items, which have free shipping. Then it’s a deal. For example, right now, Chicago pizzas are on sale so if you’re into deep dish, then you can get five (count them, 5!) Gino’s East Deep Dish Chicago Pizza for $89.
My four New York-style pizzas from Rubirosa cost $119 but after the credit card promotion and referral fee credit, it only cost me $54, which is awesome for four New York pizzas delivered to my door in Los Angeles.
For some reason, Rubirosa doesn’t ship often and there was a month-long waiting list for delivery. However, the pizzas are the perfect size; they fit in the freezer and are big enough for two adults. Unfortunately, I overcooked the one I put immediately in the oven and the crust was way too crispy. For the next one, I will reheat it less than the 15 minutes they suggested. The pizzas last up to two months in the freezer but I’m half-Italian and a pizza fanatic so you know they’re not going to last that long!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.