Now that Johnny and I are parents to two beautiful children, we’ve realized just how many things there are to do with kids, especially here in Southern California. But we’ve also quickly realized just how expensive it is to do all these things as a family of four. We want to give our kids as many experiences as we can so instead of missing opportunities because they’re too expensive, we look for ways to save money and make things more affordable.
Undercover Tourist has been offering discounted tickets to popular attractions since 2000. We got the opportunity to try them out on a recent trip to Disneyland (they comped us our tickets) and were impressed. Most people know that you’re not going to find the best deals by purchasing tickets directly from Disneyland, whether online or at the park itself when you arrive. The best thing you can do is research discounted tickets in advance. We got the Disneyland Three-Day Park Hopper tickets and if purchased on the Disney website, four tickets would have cost $1,400. But by using Undercover Tourist, the cost savings were $455 and four tickets rang up at $945. That’s a significant savings!
Undercover Tourist offers deep discounts on tickets to some of the most popular attractions across the country, including Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, SeaWorld Orlando, SeaWorld San Diego, Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood and many more attractions in Orlando, San Diego and Los Angeles, to name a few cities. Visit UndercoverTourist.com and click on ‘Discount Tickets’ to see the top theme parks, ski resorts and cities they offer deals for.
My favorite feature of Undercover Tourist (besides the financial savings, of course!) is their Crowd Calendar. This simple-to-use tool lets you see at a glance how busy the theme park you’re visiting is for the day you’re planning to go. Using a scale of 10, each day is given a score; we used the calendar to choose a day that had a ranking of 2/10 (lowest crowds) and it was right! The park was not particularly crowded that day, making it pretty easy to maneuver through the park with two kids in strollers! The calendar also shows the temperature highs and lows, park opening hours, events, holidays, key showtimes and attraction closings. It’s an easy to read, color-coded calendar that’s packed with useful information.
Undercover Tourist also backs their deals with Allianz Travel Insurance (Johnny Jet is a brand ambassador for Allianz). With Allianz travel insurance, your tickets are protected in the event that you have to cancel your trip due to a covered reason.
Here are some of the insurance benefits at a glance:
Get reimbursed up to 100% for pre-paid, non-refundable tickets if you cancel or interrupt your vacation for a covered illness, injury, and more
Protect your flight and hotel – an option even if you don’t purchase through Undercover Tourist
Travel more confidently with emergency medical and transportation benefits
Protect your personal belongings with coverage benefits for baggage delays and lost, stolen or damaged luggage
Connect to help in a pinch with 24/7 hotline assistance that’s always on in an emergency
Get the VIP treatment with Concierge Services to book reservations, transportation and more
Get more details about Allianz Travel Insurance with Undercover Tourist here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.