These days, we know there’s an app for everything. And anything and everything you want delivered straight to your front door can be there in minutes. From services like Postmates to Amazon delivery and UberEats, we are living in an on-demand culture.
Now you can add massages to that list. Visit Soothe.com or download the Soothe app and you can order up a massage at your house in no time! I’ve known about the service for a while now but only tried it out for the first time last week. My wife Natalie, who is eight-months pregnant, was sore from head to toe and really needed a massage. But she didn’t really have time to schedule one. That’s when I remembered Soothe. Within minutes, we pulled up the app and booked a massage, just like that!
First, you choose the type of massage you want: Deep Tissue, Swedish, Sports, Couples Massage, or even Pre-Natal, which Natalie was happy to see! Next, you choose the preferred gender of your therapist (male, female or either), then choose your preferred massage length of time (60 minutes, 90 minutes or 120 minutes). Finally, you choose the date and time. Natalie was able to schedule a 90-minute pre-natal massage about an hour and 15 minutes from the time she was booking!
The experience was seamless. Natalie’s female therapist showed up a little bit early so that she had time to set up. She brought all of her own supplies (massage table, sheets, oils and music) and got everything set up in under 10 minutes. The very friendly therapist was experienced doing pre-natal massages and Natalie loved it, saying that she felt comfortable during the treatment and totally relaxed afterwards. The best part, she says, was not having to make her way home after the massage ended around 8 pm. She was already there.
I loved that it was so fast and easy to order a massage on demand. Prices start at $99 and the tip is included so there’s no exchange of money between you and your therapist; the payment is all taken care of by the credit card you have set up within the app. Therapists are available seven days a week from 8 am to midnight, including on holidays! Launched in 2013, the service is currently available in 30 cities across the United States, in Toronto and Vancouver in Canada and in London, and the company has plans to expand that to 50 cities by the end of 2016. So if Soothe isn’t available in your hometown at the moment, keep checking in with them. Chances are, it will be soon.
For $30 off: If you want to try it out, click here and use the code MVIAW for $30 off your first massage. Enjoy!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.