How many times have you filled out a passport or visa application only to realize that you either don’t have photos or that the ones you have are outdated (over six-months old)? It’s a total pain for most people to have to find a place that takes them and charges a reasonable amount for the service.
I used to go to Costco since I don’t live too far from one and they charge a reasonable amount, but using Costco requires a yearly membership. If you aren’t a member, or simply don’t live close to a Costco, you should consider using the MyPassportPhotos app. The video above will show you how it works. Here’s the Cliff Notes version:
- Take a digital photo at home
- Upload it to the MyPassportPhotos app (or take a photo on your iPhone, iPad, or Android smartphone)
- Have it edited by their professionals to ensure compliance
- Have it delivered to your home or printed at a nearby pharmacy
The benefit of using the MyPassportPhotos app is that it ensures compliance with the standards of whatever country you need a passport for. The passport and visa photo requirements for the US are different than Canada’s, which are different than Australia’s, etc. The MyPassportPhotos team knows all the regulations and formats each passport photo appropriately so that it includes the correct size, background, dimensions, lighting, and every other technical specification.
The price is right, too, since they charge $3.99 for one, $5.99 for two, $8.99 for four, and $11.99 for 12 photos. Your photos are then mailed to you or printed at a CVS, Walgreen, or Walmart for next-day pickup. Mailed passport photos arrive in 5-7 business days in the US and 7-14 days international.
What’s your go-to place to get passport photos?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.