If you’ve traveled internationally (and even if you haven’t), you know that most phone plans don’t cover calling, text and data everywhere in the world. I use T-Mobile, which works in more than 115 countries, but not all plans are that generous. Buying a local SIM card to put into your phone is a great option, but where do you start with that? This site: http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Prepaid_SIM_with_data
A Facebook friend of my friend Lawrence calls the Prepaid Data SIM Card Wiki “the best website you will ever need on the topic,” and I think he may be right. For every country in the world, the site—which is crowd-sourced and always growing—lists the mobile networks available, their sizes and coverage areas, how much SIM cards cost and where to buy them, and a whole lot more. If you want to learn how to stay connected in another country, check it out!
- Cellular Abroad (great company and resource run by my friend Sebastian)
- How to Stay Connected Overseas Without Going Broke
- How to Take a “Phoneless Vacation”
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,212!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.