As featured in yesterday’s tip, my home airport of LAX is one of at least 17 U.S. airports at which catering workers are demonstrating today. Running amid the congestion, however, is a little extra help for flyers needing to get between the airport and parts of the city: the LAX Holiday Shuttle.
Per KTLA 5, the LAX Holiday Shuttle has been added to connect the airport to pickup/drop-off points in Santa Monica and Century City. Those two points are:
- Santa Monica: 1925 Arizona Ave., Santa Monica, CA
- Century City: 2030 Century Park West, Century City, CA
The LAX Holiday Shuttle will run between each location and LAX in both directions through Monday, December 2 (excluding Thanksgiving), from 5am to midnight every day. A ride in either direction costs $10 (payable by card or cash). Passengers leaving the airport should wait for shuttles near the pink pillars on the arrivals level at LAX.
And that’s not all. Per the Los Angeles Times, “free rides will be available to travelers who board a bus or train from the LAX city bus center on 96th Street and the Green Line’s Aviation Station” through Monday, December 2. Here’s how to take advantage, per the Times:
“Passengers should exit on the arrivals level and board a shuttle at the curbside lanes in the terminal area that are labeled ‘LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections.’ The LAX C shuttle goes to a bus hub where riders can connect to buses operated by L.A. Metro, Beach Cities Transit, Culver City, Torrance Transit and Big Blue Bus. Lines connect to Union Station, UCLA, Santa Monica, Lynwood, Norwalk, Long Beach and other points east, north and south. Riders boarding at those locations do not need to scan their TAP fare cards or buy a ticket, Metro officials said, but should instead keep their boarding passes from a flight that day as proof of payment.”
And don’t forget about LAX-it
In case you missed it, ride-shares like Uber and Lyft can no longer pick up passengers at the terminal. Instead, flyers must take a shuttle to the LAX-it area and wait for a car there. See more on LAX-it here.
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,588!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.