One of the things I loved about living in New York City was that I could get anything delivered. Not only food from my favorite restaurants but even tissues or Tylenol if I was sick. Since moving to LA, it’s been a bit of an adjustment because no one seemed to deliver except pizza and Chinese restaurants. But thankfully, times are changing, not only here in LA but all over the US. That’s due to the rise in delivery services and there’s none greater than Postmates.
My niece was the first to turn me onto the service and she lives in New York City, but yesterday, I was eating at Joan’s on Third in West Hollywood and I kept seeing delivery men walk in with Postmates bags. I downloaded their free app (available on iOS and Android and you can also use their web app for iOS and Android) and realized they are all over major and not-so-major US cities (here’s the list). I just input my address and a whole slew of options for delivery and their arrival times showed up. I could get breakfast, lunch, dinner, groceries, office supplies, pet food, or anything I wanted delivered, including food from fancy restaurants and not-so-fancy restaurants, including all the fast food chains. I no longer have to run out to Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Staples, or Walgreens if I forget something. I could even get travel gear from REI. They charge a 9% service fee on all orders unless you have a Plus Unlimited membership, which is for frequent users since it’s $9.99 a month for free delivery on all Postmates Plus orders over $25.
BTW: If you use my code tlsia you (and I) get free delivery up to $10 on your first order!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.