Our family was supposed to be in Hawaii this week but of course, like everyone else, we’re staying safe at home … and dreaming of our next trip to the islands!
Before we had kids, Johnny and I would wake up super early when we were in Oahu, walk to Diamond Head and hike to the top for sunrise. It was a tradition we both loved (but one that was a little more difficult with a baby!) On our way back from our hike, we’d stop for acai bowls at Bogart’s, a very busy breakfast place that was on the way. It was the perfect start to a day in Hawaii and I find myself dreaming of those gorgeous mornings, especially since we were planning to be there this week.
While it’s going to be a while before we’re back in Hawaii, it doesn’t have to be quite so long before we can enjoy acai bowls again. You can easily make them at home. Check out this video for step-by-step instructions:
How to make an acai bowl
It’s really quite simple to make an acai bowl. Here’s how:
- 1 pack frozen acai berry puree
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup granola
- A few strawberries
- 1/4 cup of blueberries
- Thaw the acai berries and pour them into a blender. Mix together with apple juice and one banana. Blend these together until fully combined. The mixture should be thick but not runny.
- Pour the berry mixture into a bowl and top with granola.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings, like strawberries, bananas, blueberries and honey.
- How to Get a Delicious Açai Bowl in Waikiki Without Waiting in Line
- What to Do and Eat and Where to Stay in Honolulu
- 12 Reasons to Visit the New Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.